24 June, 2008

A Different Kind Of Fantasy

















It is finally upon us. No, I'm not talking about MGS4, because I'm trying to keep things fantasy related on this site and I am not particularly fond of the franchise. I'm talking about Final Fantasy IV for the DS which ships in North America and Europe in mid-July. While many PS3 owners are probably glued to their TVs playing through Snake's tale for a second or third time, I stand alone (very alone) in bringing you information about this game that has probably fallen under the radar of many gamers out there.

There are a number of reasons that people may not be interested in this game. To list a few:

  • MGS4 released.
  • FFIVDS is a portable re-re-re-make of a game that originally released some 15~ years ago.
  • The art style is a little different.
  • The game's chronology (IV) is confusing because it was released previously as Final Fantasy II.
I'm not going to describe the game for you because GameTrailers has put together a good preview that highlights some key features of this re-make that you can view at this link: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35093.html.

I have played the original Final Fantasy IV and I play a good many current and old Role-Playing Games. From a personal standpoint, I think that FFIVDS will stand out as a shining RPG release this year across all platforms, including consoles and PC. Here's hoping the game is as good as I think it will be.
[Final Fantasy IV (Japan)]

No comments: